Do you have what it takes to create culinary masterpieces? Are you ready to show the South Coast how it's done? If so, we want YOU.
Established in 1967 our client’s establishment is an iconic local watering hole amongst the locals of Nelligen, 15 minutes from Batemans Bay on the picturesque Clyde River. Having recently changed hands, our client plans on giving the hotel a spruce-up, whilst keeping its heritage charm.
We’re looking for a Head Chef who can raise the roof of this local foundation—and we mean that literally: our client has instructed us to recruit a team that is uniquely different but complements each other beautifully. It’s all about sharing a vision, being united in creating an experience that is second to none and delivering memorable moments.
Our client has a love for hospitality and building relationships all while taking pride in everything they do. They want someone who is willing to put their heart and soul into their work every day so they can enjoy the rewards of their success together as a team: good food, great service, laughter and fun!
Are you a seasoned chef looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to grow your culinary expertise and learn how to run a kitchen?
Do you have an insatiable appetite for food and an eye for presentation?
If so, then we have the perfect position for you.
This role will put you in charge of running the daily kitchen operations of this establishment. You'll also have the opportunity to bring your flair and passion for creating and innovating menu ideations. The opportunities are endless—all we ask is that you're willing to take risks, stay on top of trends, and always be open to learning something new.
What if there was a place where you could have it all?
There is. And it's called the Eurobodalla Coast.
Located in Nelligen, minutes away from Batemans Bay on the Eurobodalla coast, this is one of those places that has it all. Not only is it an amazing destination in itself, but it is also a great base for exploring all the wonders and natural beauty of this underrated area.
You'll get to enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave in this role which will allow you to explore and enjoy the lifestyle on offer in this region.
What are you waiting for? Come and see what we mean when we say, "It's a lifestyle."
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- approve and “polish” dishes before they reach patrons.
- plan orders of equipment and or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- comply with food safety regulations and safety standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- relevant experience within the hospitality industry as a Head Chef.
- exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring process.
- up to date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.
- credentials in health and safety training.
- strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- resilience, adaptability, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- learning mindset.
- authenticity and a positive, proactive approach to work.
In this role, you’ll receive:
- competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience.
- the power of a longstanding, locally recognised establishment.
- career development and training opportunities.
- the opportunity to stamp your name on the South Coast hospitality scene.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
Are you ready to join a fun, well established establishment that has a culture of continuous improvement and be a part of a scaling business that genuinely cares about people?
Our client has big plans to redefine the South Coast hospitality scene. You'll be a part of a team that will help them achieve their goals, and we think you'll love the wide range of responsibilities and opportunities that come with the job.
This is a permanent full-time position.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about hospitality, who is interested in learning new skills, and who wants to be part of an organisation that values continuous improvement. If this sounds like you, get in touch today!
For further information and to express your interest, please direct your queries to Luke Hemmings or Alex Dejonge at Whitefox Recruitment on 07 5619 7075, quoting reference: 32227.
As a recruitment agency that genuinely cares about people, we believe in responding to all candidates.
We are interviewing immediately. All applicants receive a response.